How to make a picture look like it was hand drawn, using Photoshop.
1. Make 1 copy of you picture layer after opening it by going to Layer > Duplicate Layer.
2. Next you will want to change to blending mode for the top layer to Color Dodge.
3. Next you want to hit Ctrl + I to invert the colors of the photo.
4. Next go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
5. Now mess around with the radius bar and get the number that looks good for you. 2.2 is what I selected.
6. Now you will need to make a adjustment layer for Hue/Saturation. As shown below.
7. Now make the Saturation equal to 0 and check the box that says Colorize.
8. Now you are done and your picture should look like it was hand drawn. Here are my results.
Helpful criticism is always accepted. Just let me know what you think.