For my first picture I wasn’t sure what to do so I decided to take a old picture from high school where a friend and I covered a friends car in sticky notes. I decided to get a different background and try to make it look like the car was actually on the beach, I couldnt get the colors exactly right and the resolutions were different but i think it turned out alright.

This is the beach picture I used.

This is the picture we took with the car.

This is what I finished with. Let me know what you guys think.

6 Responses to “Digital Picture #1”

1. Jenn says:

Have you not done Photoshop before? This is really good! I think what missing is the shadow from the car… it would give it more depth :/

2. Jim says:

Kyle,

Are you just reproducing the assignments from your other class? I saw this assignment before on the course site, and was hoping you would take the space in the blog to explain how you are doing this more specifically in photoshop. a tutorial and sharing, does this make sense?

So in other words, for this project I am lest interested in what you did than I m in how you did it. How did you do this? And are you happy with it? Is it good?

3. knero says:

O yes, I could definitely do that. That’s actually a good idea. I will edit the post in a little after class to tell the steps I took to blend the two together. To answer your question, I am not reproducing the assignments from my other class but I was just going through my Facebook pictures and came up with the idea. I will definitely be doing different things from the other class in the future

4. Megan says:

I think it turned out well! Outside of the shadow as Jenn mentioned, it definitely looks realistic.

Blending two separate photos together is something I’ve been curious about for awhile, as I’ve never used photoshop before. So, I’m really looking forward to your explanation of the steps you took for these results.

Do you just use photoshop or are there other photo editing sites/tools/programs you like also?

5. Jessica Murnin says:

I think this is a really good place to start, Like Jenn said some sort of shadow with the car would really add to the picture! I would like to know how to learn to use photoshop because I am absolutely clueless on how it works so I am excited to see what you will have in the future!

6. student loans says:

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.